house and garden
on any of the images on this page to view larger photos.
the ground floor the house has three double bedrooms - two leading
on to a terrace - a shower room and utility room.
there is a large open plan living/dining room and kitchen leading
on to a large balcony that affords views over the lake
and forests. There is also a second bathroom on the first floor.
For outdoor eating and drinking, the balcony on
the first floor is a huge 3 x 9 metres, while the terrace downstairs
is partly covered. Both have tables and chairs.
bedrooms have double beds and one has two singles. There are also
two childrens foldaway beds. The living room has a television
which receives some French TV and BBC World, a DVD player and portable
CD/cassette/radio. The kitchen is equipped with a dishwasher, fridge,
electric oven and hob and all the usual utensils. The utility room
has a sink, washing machine and an extra fridge to store the local
wine. The house also has central heating for the winter months.
garden is on three levels and slopes down towards the woods. It
has the sunshine all day but there are plenty of shady spots, where
you can sit under a tree or swing in a hammock
welcome families with young children and can provide a cot and stair
guard free of charge. The villa has two large terraces with railings,
which act as huge play pens for toddlers. We also have some toys
there is no pool, you don't have to worry about accidents. However,
to cool off, there is a shallow, sectioned off area of the lake
at nearby Bauduen and Les Salles, which has a life-guard in the
summer. With sunny days all year, the villa is an ideal place to
go with young children out of season.
Make sure you thoroughly enjoy your holiday by booking our bespoke services. We can shop for you, escort you on a wine tasting trip, teach you to paint and show you some of the sights that only the locals know about.
- Shopping service – we can buy food and drink from a comprehensive list and stock the fridges and cupboards ahead of your arrival. We can also do a weekly shop during your stay.
- Gourmet meals – we can either come and cook gourmet meals in the kitchen or provide meals for you to heat up at a time to suit you. Specialities of Provence include Bouillabaisse, Beef Daube and slow roasted peppers stuffed with tomatoes, goat's cheese, anchovies and local herbs.
- Taxi service to restaurants – if you don't want to worry about drink driving, we can take you to a restaurant and pick you up at a time of your choosing.
Escorted private tours
We can provide bespoke tours with a bilingual speaker to:
- Art galleries such as the Picasso Museum in Antibes, the modern art gallery in Nice and the Maeght Foundation in Saint-Paul-de-Vence
- Vineyards , wine tasting at Carpe Diem or Chateau de Berne
- Cities of Nice, St Tropez, Aix-en-Provence, Cannes and Marseille
- Markets such as Aups, Lorgues and Nice
- Villages such as St-Paul-de-Vence, Tourtour, Cotignac and Moustiers
- Mountains including the Gorges du Verdon and Luberon region
We can provide bespoke courses in art. All materials are provided.
- Watercolour – painting landscapes, flowers or lake views
- Oil – painting villages or landscapes
- Ceramics – learn about sculpture and glaze pots
- Languages – we can also provide French or English lessons
- Walking – we can lead walks in the Gorges du Verdon or along the Grand Randonnes near the villa
- Cycling – we can lead cycling tours to local villages or off road tours. Bikes are provided.
- Tennis – we can provide tennis partners at various levels for competitive games or just for fun. Tennis rackets and balls are provided.